Autonomous - Octocopter
Autonomous - Octocopter
This platform was designed for large area 3D modeling, high resolution imaging, LIDAR scanning, near infrared and thermal imaging.
The aircraft is programmed to fly autonomously while taking precise overlapping photos at specific altitudes and camera angles. GPS data can then downloaded and tagged to each individual image. The geo-tagged photos are used to create a high accuracy 3 dimensional model. Accuracy can be further increased by utilizing RTK based ground control points to correct the final 3D model. This platform can easily adapt to different camera models or sensors.
Safety features include return-to-home, lost control link and auto-land capabilities. The system can handle up to two failed rotors because of its eight rotor configuration.
3-axis, brushless camera gimbal with GoPro Hero 4 Black now included.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for assembly, testing, crating and shipping
- 650mm size airframe
- 3DR PX4 Pixhawk flight controller with Futaba SBUS external receiver
- (8) 980kV brushless motors, (8) 30A electronic speed controllers, (8) 11 inch carbon fiber propellers
- Futaba 14SG 2.4ghz radio controller with labeled switches
- Canon SX280 with remote trigger software installed
- 915mhz (US) or 433mhz (EU) telemetry transceivers
- PG-211 patent pending "passive gimbal" technology with 1/4 x 20 camera mount screw
- Includes 3 axis, brushless camera gimbal with replaceable motors
- Includes (2) 14.8V 6,600mah LiPo flat pack battery for a total of 13,200mah capacity
- Turn key, ready to fly system. Includes flight testing, tuning, radio control transmitter and flight controller programming.
- 30mph maximum horizontal speed
- 9 lbs maximum gross take off weight (8.1 lbs ready to fly weight with Canon SX280 installed)
- 17 minute total endurance @ 8.1lbs- may vary depending on atmospheric conditions
- Electronic Speed Controllers exposed under propeller wash for maximum cooling
- Fail safe modes pre-programmed in the event of lost radio link and low battery levels
- Programmable geo-fencing parameters
- Windows based laptop with ground station software included
- Step by step operational checklist
- Unique airframe serial number
- Available familiarization training and local pickup
- Available FAA number registration assistance
- Continued customer technical support
- Custom crating for world wide delivery